We have learnt of an issue installing apps on physical devices using ‘Over The Air’ installation on iOS 9. This issue will also affects testers using our build server to install pre-production apps on iOS 9 devices.
For any other devs out there the error returned in the console is
BundleValidator: Unable to locate application meta data to verify bundleIdentifier: MY-APP-ID.xxxx
Please bear with us while we update the build server and get OTA back up and running.
In the meantime, you can still download and install the apps using iTunes and the IPA file provided to you. Here’s how:
1. Launch iTunes and click on ‘Apps’:
2. Drag and drop your IPA file into the Apps page to add the file to iTunes.
3. Next select your iOS 9 device from the list of devices:
4. Search for your new app by typing its name in the search box:
5. Click the ‘Install’ button next to the app name. The button will change from ‘Install’ to ‘Will Install’.
6. Finally, click ‘Apply’ to sync your changes to your device in the bottom right corner of iTunes. Wait a while and your new app will install.