We are looking for a highly motivated Business Development Manager to join our management team at Cranworth Medical, a rapidly expanding start-up business that provides IT solutions for the healthcare market.
Working in a field based role, your primary objective will be to build relationships with decision makers and purchasers of IT solutions in the healthcare sector, in particular the NHS. You will take ownership of and drive sales of existing and new products. Additionally you will collect intelligence on the use of technology in healthcare that will direct new product development and drive the growth of the business.
- Develop and implement the sales strategy for existing and new products
- Define, install and manage the sales process including a CRM system
- Create value propositions for the products
- Establish and operate the sales channels to market
- Actively promote the products to decision makers and purchasers of IT solutions
- Lead introduction of new products to the market
- Prepare sales budget and monitor performance reporting to the management team
- Identify and present opportunities for new products
- Define and provide appropriate marketing support including sales literature
- Conduct marketing research to support new product development
- Attend conferences and network to generate customer leads
- Contribute to business strategy planning working closely with the management team
This is an exciting role for someone who is looking to advance their career in business development. The successful candidate will be empowered to drive internal business strategy in response to their field research, directing the product development cycle and leading the roll-out to market. The role is ideally suited to the individual with high aspirations looking to become a director in a multi-million pound information technology business.
Desired, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ideally 5 years+ business development experience in a healthcare company
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and mobile app development
- A proven record of sales development and success in new product launches
- Ability to identify and maximise sales opportunities
- Experience in new product marketing
- A good team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive and resourceful, willing to work alone, initiate client contact and feedback requirements to the development team
- Awareness of, and interest in, the marketing industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to express and sell an idea clearly
- Ambitious and results orientated
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads
- A science degree
- An CiM or similar qualification is sales, account management and/or marketing is desirable
- IT literate (a relevant qualification in IT is desirable)
Cranworth Medical is a UK based technology company specialising in healthcare innovation. We cover all aspects of the design and production of mobile apps, and associated infrastructure, for the healthcare sector. Led by practising doctors we combine clinical experience with technical expertise to produce award winning IT solutions.
|Role type||Full time|
|Functions||Business development, sales, strategy|
|Compensation||£40,000-£50,000 P.A. (depending on experience)|
|+ 2% equity vested over 3 years (upon successful completion of initial period)|
|+ performance-related bonus|
If you feel this role appeals to you and would suit your skills and experience, we would be delighted to receive your application.
To apply or to have an initial conversation in the strictest of confidence contact: Chris Floyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.